Best ATV Tires Reviews
While there are numerous models out there, not all of them can be the best ATV tires. Some of them cost more in marketing strategies than actual manufacturing, which is why you need a sound filtering system. But here are my choices:
ITP Mud Lite AT Mud Terrain ATV Tires
- 3/4 inch lug
- Sized for use on most late-model
- high-performance sport ATV's
- Extended-wear rubber compound for even longer life and better value
- Revolutionary all-conditions tire: it's a 6-ply mud tire that's designed for the trail
If you are on a tight budget or you don’t want to spend the extra money for a premium brand but still get the performance and traction while riding in mud then the tires from ITP are the best choice. While being affordable they still perform superbly and are relatively cheap when compared to other tires brands.
ITP tires come in a variety of sizes, finding one that is right for your brand and model of ATV is no problem.
These tires are great for wet and muddy conditions. Offering more than enough traction to get you out of most situations because of the really aggressive profile of the tires.
The tires work also in the winter but keep in mind that they do not work as great as dedicated winter tires. While offering enough traction on snow and ice, the rubber gets tougher and it affects the overall performance in winter. But saying that they can still be used to plow snow.
As a caution, if you plan on using these tires on grass, be sure to drive carefully as it may damage the grass.
- Great traction in wet and muddy conditions
- Relatively cheap
- Enough traction on snow and ice
- Stiff rubber
- May destroy the lawn if used on
MOTOOS Complete Set of 4 All Terrain ATV UTV Tires
MOTOOS tire set is an all-round performance package. The set is comprised of 2 front and 2 rear tubeless tires capable of handling any kind of terrain.
- Full set (2 front + 2 rear) Tubeless tires packed in 2 packages for complete replacement; Original equipment tread design, fitments for a variety of 2 and 4 wheel drive ATV applications
- Tread depth: 0.79", 25x8.00-12 (Rim Width: 6.5", [email protected]), 25x10.00-12 (Rim Width: 8", [email protected])
- Heavy 6 ply rated nylon construction resists punctures and abrasions; Additional shoulder lugs protect rim and sidewall
- Top notch handling in dirt, mud or rock; Superior traction in woods; Great in the desert
- Suitable for desert, mud, dirt and rock applications. Truly, a great all terrain tire for your ATV / UTV
Due to its profile, it offers great handling on sand and mud. The tires are composed of 6 ply nylon to resist damage like a puncture and perform admirably on rocks and sand while trailing.
The tires can be fit on almost any ATV on the market as long as the sizes are considered. Before ordering the pack keep in mind that a 25-inch tire is actually a 23-inch.
A thing that separates these tires from other models is the comfort they provide. While reducing the noise and offering a better comfort they handle poorly in winter. These tires should be used exclusively when the temperature is not below freezing.
- Excellent performance for the price
- Good construction
- Really hard to find only one tire to buy
- Sizes are not accurate
- Poor handling in the snow
MASSFX Grinder Series ATV Tires Review
- 6 ply rated
- Chip & Tear resistant rubber with a dual compound
- Aggressive Tread Block Design Patented knobs are biting machines
- Integrated Sidewall Protectors (REARS) help to ward off sidewall cuts & abrasions
- Sidewall Traction designed that wraps down the sidewall and adds extra strength & traction to the shoulder & sidewall areas
MassFX Grinder ATV tires come in multiple-choice packages, being cheaper just to get the tires you need. You have the option to replace only the tires you need and that’s really important as you don’t need to spend lots of money on replacements.
MassFX tires are an all year round performer, can be used fully in the winter. The handling and grip in the winter are great, providing full traction and control even in the worst conditions possible. The design of the tires is aggressive to allow the driver to get out of any situation.
The Grinder series is a great addition to your ATV and will last for a long period of time if used properly. The 6-ply construction and the resistant rubber make them almost impossible to cut or puncture. As a bonus, these tires are tubeless. The main disadvantage of MassFX is the size limit. Currently, the manufacturer doesn’t offer multiple sizes.
MassFX Grinder can support a max load of 310 lbs at 7 psi, and the depth of the tread is 9/16 of an inch, a value more than enough for most applications. You can not go wrong with these tires, you’ll love them as soon as you put them on your ATV.
- Excellent all year round tires
- Good price and quality
- Aggressive profile
- 6 ply and tear-resistant
- Limited sizes
Carlisle Trail Wolf ATV Tire
- Made in United States
- Package Height: 7.5"
- Package Length: 25.3"
- Package Width: 25.3"
- Fit type: Universal Fit
While Carlisle Trail Wolf is a more expensive tire, they offer better quality for the money. The rubber from which the tire is made is a quality one capable of offering traction in any kind of weather and surface.
These tires can be used in offroad but not in sports, being rated A means they can not be used for high speeds as it affects the handling and stability of the ATV.
Overall these tires are more than decent.
- Excellent for all-weather conditions
- High-quality built
- Aggressive profile
- 6 ply and tear-resistant
- Limited sizes
- Rim not included
Introduction to ATV tires
Are you thinking of upgrading the tires of the ATV? In this article, I’m going to share some of the best ATV tires on the market right now. I also added a few tips on how to make the right choice.
You’d typically think it’s easier to make a decision when you have a lot of options. We all fell for that trap in different situations. But it’s actually a lot harder. How is anyone supposed to determine which are the best utility ATV tires and which are the best tires for snow? Especially when you have countless models, both online and offline.
The secret is to know precisely what you need and go from there. The more criteria you can lay out, the closer you are to the right decision. You don’t even have to be some kind of expert. As long as you put together some information, you are golden.
But if you don’t know how to do that just yet, I have good news for you. Below, you will find the most common factors that everyone must consider when buying a new set of tires for your ATV. However, if you have some experience under your belt, feel free to move on directly to the reviews of the best tires I found for my ATV.
What to consider when looking for the best ATV tires?
Making the right choice when looking for the best ATV tires relies on the key factors you must consider. So, below are a few questions you must ask yourself before making a purchase.
What is the size of my ATV tires?
Did you think that all ATVs have standard tires? Well, they don’t. For instance, sport tires for ATVs are different in size than utility quads. The size of your tires is in charge of many aspects, such as balance, handling, torque, and horsepower.
Now, what you have to do here is to look for the stock recommendations. Usually, you don’t get one size that fits your ATV. You get a range. However, I strongly advise you to stay within that range. Otherwise, all the aspects I told you about above will suffer, and you will be disappointed.
If you have your ATV’s manual, then you don’t have to spend too much time on this. If not, you can take a look at your old tires. Simple as that.
What features must my tires have?
The features your ATV’s tires must have, in terms of design, depends on what is the purpose of your ATV. Do you want to hit the mud bogs? Or are you looking for something to help with hauling? Here are some key features you may be interested in:
- Ply rating – what’s the difference between 2-ply ATV tires and 6-ply tires? The latter category is more durable than the former. Ply rating tells you just how strong a tire is and how much pressure it can take inflation-wise. If you want an analogy, think about toilet paper. The more plies it has, the better. For example, if you are looking for the best tires for hauling, the 6-ply is what you want.
- Tread pattern – when we’re talking about a tire that has a directional tread, for instance, the grooves on both sides point to the center. As a result, you get a V shape. What is the purpose of those groves? To pump water through the tread. That way, the tire maintains contact with the ground and won’t allow hydroplaning. All best ATV mud tires are made using this design. Of course, patterns differ depending on the purpose of the tires. Make sure to think about that before you make a purchase.
- Lugs – these are the blocks that sink into the surface and ensure that you have grip and traction. The deeper the lug, the better will your ATV handle slippery surfaces. For example, tires for mud will always have the most aggressive lugs.
What’s the purpose of my ATV tires?
You cannot purchase a set of tires for mud and use them in snowy conditions. Well, you can, but you won’t get the same result. A lot of people think that mud tires work in the snow, but the truth of the matter is that the best tires for snow are specially designed to ensure the best traction in the snow.
Here are a few ATV types and their features for you to choose from depending on their purpose of use:
- Mud tires – they have broad tread patterns that don’t allow for mud to get stuck inside the tread. Some of the best ATV mud tires have treads that are more than one inch deep for better traction. The rubber is stiff so that they don’t grip hard terrain too.
- Snow tires – they are very similar to mud tires. They come with flat lugs so that more studs can be added, which works wonders on ice. One thing you have to watch out for is for the tires to come with a wide and deep tread pattern.
- Sand tires – one feature that differentiates sand tires from all the others is the paddle tread pattern. It created this scooping motion that basically pushes your ATV forward. The footprint is wide for better traction. Another feature is that sand tires have limited tread patterns. Some of them have none at all. That way, you can float across a dune and not sink in the sand.
- Sport tires – also known as racing tires, they are lightweight and come with a knob-type pattern. They are designed to ensure the best possible traction and control. Now, remember that the best sport ATV tires will wear off faster. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but that’s because the material they are made of is lighter.
- Trail tires – these come with a tighter tread pattern. That increases contact with the ground, which makes climbing rocks possible. The best tires for trail riding come with extra lugs on the shoulder. That ensures some extra protection on the sidewall. Also, if you are looking for some good trail ATV tires, don’t go lower than 4-ply. I’d recommend 6-ply tires. You never know what you will come across on a trail, for instance. You need that extra protection from rocks or other objects that can easily puncture the tire.
I guess that at this point, you have all the information you need to choose the best ATV tires for you. In the meantime, check out the 4 models I found.